Ich help! scaleless fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z1owo1z

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday i noticed that the ropefish I bought 2 weeks ago (he looked fine then) had little bumps on his head and body. I figured it was ich because he would itch himself on the decor and driftwood. I have never had a problem with ich and I dont know how to tackle it because i have a black ghost knife and i know that because they are scaleless, they are more susceptible to ich and are very sensitive. I have a gourami with a bump (looks like a zit but its brown) on her tail. Worst part is my heater stopped functioning and I don't have a heater (my house is hot and the thermometer reads 78 degrees Fahrenheit).

I upgraded from a 30 gallon tank (that was used for a year & a half) to a 60 gallon tank about 5 months ago.
Filter is: Marineland Pengiun Power Filter 200

Since yesterday, i have been using Kordon Ich Attack (5 ml per 10 gallon)

Last edited:
I have used a product called Cupramine to treat ich, sometimes fish have it and don't show symptoms.. They can be carriers. I also used Nite Out II (good bacteria) for three days during the Cupramine treatment to get rid of the ich and clear up the cloudiness of the water.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom