Ich transferring from tank to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartgirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok this might sounds silly, but can I transfer ich from one tank to another by putting my hand in one tank and then again in another later? (Note: I will have washed my hands and let them dry in between.)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hahah if you wouldn't wash your hands you could spread the disease for sure, but since you had washed them, I don't think you have spread it :) Maybe the water's temperature is too high, or the fish are stressed because of other fish in the tank.
Hope your fish recover asap!

Ich lives a very small portion of it's life in the water of the tank but still if you have an active issue ich situation it can be in the water.

That being said, I am not sure how resilient it is. I would assume that thoroughly washing your hands would deal with it but I am not positive of that.

Merely washing you hands will do. Also depends at what stage in its life-cycle the ich is. If its free flowing through the water column, then there might be a possibility of 1 in a 100 that these spores may attach to your hand and spread.

Cool I rinsed again just in case ;) I am replanting the 87gallon and the last thing I need is ich in there too ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom