Ich treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenema

Aquarium Advice Activist
Unfortunately my 10g tank has ich. Thinking about just doing a heat treatment. Before I start, I would love other people's experience and tips. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When my 75g had Ich, I raised the temperature about 3 degrees and used a small dosage of medicine and it cleared up really quickly.
That being said, the heat treatment should work. Make sure you have good aeration, as the higher the temp, the less oxygen in the water. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Raise the temp to 86F and leave for about 2 weeks. Aerate. No salt, the heat alone should work. That's the heat treatment.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've used the heat treatment alone twice with ich and it worked both times. Took my temp up to 88 slowly as not to shock fish. Added an air stone for extra oxygen, pwc every second day including gravel vac. Left heat up an extra 7days after last visible spot.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Superpeytonm and shellyx did what I have done to treat Ich. Its simple, easy, cheap (no meds!) And the fish seem to handle it like champs!

45 gal. freshwater and 10 gal. female betta tanks

Back
Top Bottom