ich with different fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gallon aquarium with 2 plecos 3 red eyed tetras 1 tiger barb and one senegral bichri or whatever. They have ich. I have just done a waster change and Turned up the heat. But i also have nox_ich. Im wondering how much I should use because the label says 5 milliliters for every ten gallons for plecos but 10 milliliters for every 10 for regular fish. What should i do????? I also have an air stone strip going and am going to leave the water level lower to add airAtion. Any help???

If you search this site for ich you will find a lot of threads with great advice on curing ich with out medicating your fish and tank.

Moved to FW Unhealthy Fish.

Personally, I am not a fan of ich meds and I avoid them if possible.
What is your temperature at? I would use the "for plecos" recommendation if you want to go that route. I recommend just doing heat and salt if possible though.

my temperature is at 86 degrees how much salt would you recommend I have sea salt. Do I absolutely need the salt I was going to just keep the temperature for 2 weeks about

burf420 said:
my temperature is at 86 degrees how much salt would you recommend I have sea salt. Do I absolutely need the salt I was going to just keep the temperature for 2 weeks about

From what I've read in here heat alone will typically do it but it can take 2-3 weeks & it gets worse before it gets better. Leave the heat up for at least a week after the LAST spot is seen. Do really good vacuums with the water changes.

How often should i be doing vaccums? My tank is only a couple weeks running and i dont wa.na ruin too much bacteria in the gravel

How often should i be doing vaccums? My tank is only a couple weeks running and i dont wa.na ruin too much bacteria in the gravel

You won't ruin the cycling process, the BB attaches to the various objects in the tank but is mostly in your filter. To help get rid of the Ich you are going to need to vacuum. I vacuumed every water change while I was doing a fish IN cycle which averaged a water change every 2-3 days, one cycle took about 6 wks the other took 8 wks, both the average time frame for a fish IN cycle.

Back
Top Bottom