ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltsfan82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. Two days ago, we purchased a hippo tang and a gramma fish. We currently stock 2 clowns, 3 chromis, a cleaner shrimp, snails, crabs, coral, and a Long Tentacle anemone. This morning, the hippo tang was lying on the floor of the tank, with a few ich spots. He has since started swimming around, but I'm not too sure what I should do to treat him. I don't think I can raise the temp b/c of the LTA. The temp is currently 76-78 degrees F. We did a water change on Sunday before introducing the new fish. Everything seems okay in there. WE haven't had any issues with stability of the tank since setting it up in February. Everything has been great. Oh, we did loose a yellow tang a couple months back but I think that it got too close to the anemone. Plus, he was a very timid fragile guy to begin with. Any suggestions?

Hello. Two days ago, we purchased a hippo tang and a gramma fish. We currently stock 2 clowns, 3 chromis, a cleaner shrimp, snails, crabs, coral, and a Long Tentacle anemone. This morning, the hippo tang was lying on the floor of the tank, with a few ich spots. He has since started swimming around, but I'm not too sure what I should do to treat him. I don't think I can raise the temp b/c of the LTA. The temp is currently 76-78 degrees F. We did a water change on Sunday before introducing the new fish. Everything seems okay in there. WE haven't had any issues with stability of the tank since setting it up in February. Everything has been great. Oh, we did loose a yellow tang a couple months back but I think that it got too close to the anemone. Plus, he was a very timid fragile guy to begin with. Any suggestions?
you need to remove the fish before he infects the whole tank. Get him in a qt tank and either use hyposalinity or copper. Do not use these methods in your main tank. If you don't have a lot of experience I would go with the copper rather then hypo just make sure you follow the directions I would use cupramine as your copper med.

Back
Top Bottom