Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 250 gallon reef tank with over 30 fish in it. I was looking at my fish and well I have an ich outbreak. My powder blue tang is covered in ich but he is still swimming and eating. Should I be worried or will he be ok ? I do have a quarantine set up but it’s not big enough to House all of the fish that I have. What should I do ?

You are going to need to treat and look for the stress that has led to the parasite to come around in your system. I'd look at the large number of fish in the system and aggression that comes from such. Sounds very overstocked.

Well the aggression comes from the powder blue. He is new and super aggressive, I have a lot of fish In the tank but most are super small I have 9 chromis and 11 anthias 8 tangs 1 Midas blenny 1 wrasse 2 Bangai cardinals 1 mandarin goby 1 jawfish
So most of the fish are super small except the tangs.
The powder blue is new and by far the most aggressive fish I’m hoping he calms down

Most likely he won't calm down. He wants to find his place in the world and there simply isn't enough territory in the tank for everyone to have their own little piece of heaven. Tie in with 8 tangs in the system, he has to look like another one in there adding to the issue.

Back
Top Bottom