ID of this Green appearing on my Coral Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibbo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am new to the art of Marine aquariums and am learnign heaps with each day. I am still impatiently awaiting the cycle to occur in my tank am I am seeing a change in the colour on one of my rocks, I noticed tonight that it is now spreading to other rocks in the tank and am not sure if it is a good sign or not. It is nthe the nice pinky colour I ahve been told to look for, rather a very bright green.

When I brought the rock from the LFS, it have a slight green tinge to it, but was told it is just a natural colouring.

Any advise welcome.....

Attachments

• IMG_2198.jpg
    IMG_2198.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2197.jpg
    IMG_2197.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 71
Ok. I thought it came in directly pink... as that is the colout I am getting on some of the other rocks. But if Green is good, then I am happy....

One other question, One the left most photo, in the left bottom corner, you can see a rock which has a yellow / brown colour appearing. This has spread over most rocks in the space of 3 days... Is this also Caroline Alge?

How old is your tank? It might be diatoms. Are you talking the left side of the rock or the right side?

How old is your tank? It might be diatoms. Are you talking the left side of the rock or the right side?

It is the light brown coloured rock on the Left side of the photo, the other is a very dark piece of live rock the LFS sold me.

The tank is about 3 weeks...

I hope you didn't make the tapwater mistake, if so you just introduced phosphates so keep em in check. Its a green algae bloom, use RO water

Hard to tell from the photo. Can you get a closer shot using a macro setting? It could be diatoms. Oh,.....

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom