ID please on this growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaelbknudsen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just curious if this is good or bad... I am starting my first reef tank and looks like this came on the live rock I picked up at the LFS.

Attachments

• image-936843503.jpg
    image-936843503.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 105
Is the base red at all? If so, it could be corynactis. Not a big deal if that's the case.

It has a reddish tint, or so I thought when I looked at it earlier. I'll have to inspect closer when I get home.

It does look like a corynactis. The dots on the end of the tentacles kind of give it away. Not all corynactis have a colorful foot though they do tend to. They are generally harmless, and kind of cool to watch. If it is one that colors up the can be quite pretty as they form a colony.

It does look like a corynactis. The dots on the end of the tentacles kind of give it away. Not all corynactis have a colorful foot though they do tend to. They are generally harmless, and kind of cool to watch. If it is one that colors up the can be quite pretty as they form a colony.

That's great, I was hoping it wasn't something I'd have to attack lol. The tank is just cycling, so I'll leave it either way and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys!

Back
Top Bottom