ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought this little guy with about 10 others from an assorted tank and its the only one not growing. Got them all at about 1" and all others have grown to 3-4" already and this little guy is still under 1.5". Can it be a Dwarf? Has to fight for his food during feeding time due to his size but eventually gets his share. Looks healthy and is very active. Thanks.
Brown one in the center.

Attachments

• image-1605452476.jpg
    image-1605452476.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3802007956.jpg
    image-3802007956.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 105
Bought this little guy with about 10 others from an assorted tank and its the only one not growing. Got them all at about 1" and all others have grown to 3-4" already and this little guy is still under 1.5". Can it be a Dwarf? Has to fight for his food during feeding time due to his size but eventually gets his share. Looks healthy and is very active. Thanks.
Brown one in the center.

Its pretty small still to really be able to say what it is but from the pics and you saying you got it from an assorted tank im thinking this is some kind of mixed zebra cichlid i have a fish that looks the same and its a zebra x lab cross.
As for it not growing sometimes this just happens Ive had a lab now for five months i got it at about half an inch its only grown to an inch in length after 5 months its completely healthy it just doesn't seem to want to grow anymore.

Hope i helped a little if he grows a bit more take a couple more pics maybe it will be easier to tell. :)

Thanks, it's getting a real nice brown color as time goes by but still not growing.

Thanks, it's getting a real nice brown color as time goes by but still not growing.

Once in a while you may come across a fish that is dwarfed just something genetic but most the time the fish is just taking a bit longer than usual to grow i guess the only thing you can do is wait

Back
Top Bottom