ideal water parameter for planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lossam8199

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all, I want to know what's the ideal water parameter for planted tank. my water source has water in pH 7.4 kH 6, and gH 11. do I need to mix the water with RO water for planted tank or will this water be alright? currently my plants are growing not so well, new leaves are appearing but old leaves melt very quickly I don't know what's wrong. I have two finnex planted+LED and pressureized CO2.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's your substrate like? Do you have root tabs or dose any sorts of ferts.

I have Eco complete with root tabs under it, my dosing schedules is K Fe and trace 1-2 times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Two Finnex planted+ lights is pretty high light, so pressurized CO2 is good. What's the height of the tank though? Any idea of the PAR you're getting? I'm guessing moderate to high. With that said, what plant species are you growing? Off the bat, I'd say that your fertilizer regimen needs adjusting. Seems way too lean for that much light with CO2. I'd look into doing PPS-PRO or EI. Macros (NPK) and micros.

Most plants will adapt to your water chemistry. I think my tap in AZ is a little harder than yours with similar pH. Basically "liquid rock," as I like to call it. I've successfully grown some touchy plants in it. Although, I do have one nano shrimp tank with (remineralized) RO as well. It does grow some plants very well that I've had trouble with in my other tank, namely the mini pellia.

Back
Top Bottom