Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right now I have a 29gallon tank with 2 blue neon gouramis both male didn't have any females. I also have three kribs. One female and two male. At first I only had the male and female but my male was really young and they weren't showing any signs of wanting to spawn. The female was already red in her belly for a while to. So I got a nice male and bam right away there were just flirting and everything. They dug a cave out now and are just swimming around in it and keeping the gouramis away. I also have two simeese algae eaters in the tank to.

Now what I need some ideas as to what to put in it. I really like the cockatoo chichlid. And I had a crab but I put him in my dads tank. My fish were in a ten gallon before minus the one gourami. Now would he eat eggs from my kribs or are they gonna protect their cave good enough? he's a red claw crab.

So what else should I put in it over time and would the kribensis and cockatoo get along fine

It sounds like your tank is full to overstocked already. 2 gouramis, 3 kribs, and 2 SAEs is a lot of fish for a 29g.

BigJim said:
It sounds like your tank is full to overstocked already. 2 gouramis, 3 kribs, and 2 SAEs is a lot of fish for a 29g.

My lfs said that once my tank gets established more I could put some tetras in it. And a few other fish depending on the waste load that they put out and how well my filter works. I used a fish calculated thing it it said like 40 fish. Lol i just laughed but it seemed like an okay system it used your amount of surface are to figure it out.

But I will keep that in mind over the next couple of weeks. If they seem like they are getting to crowded or seemed stressed I will get my other tank out again.

Back
Top Bottom