Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kharrnn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started my tank about 6 weeks ago and decided to go planted right from the start. The question I have is I bought some plants and the guys at the LFS don't know what they are called. I'm hoping someone here can ID them for me. Thanks in advance!

Two looks like stargrass to me. Three somewhat resembles Ludwigia Grandulosa, although maybe a bit deprived of something (carbon or Calcium come to mind). The one with the hair like leaves in 2 and 4 might be rotala wallichii, but it would be by far some of the best wallichii I've seen.

One kinda looks like Java fern to me, but it seems different somehow.... And if it is java fern, it shouldn't be buried like that.

Thanks for the reply. What about the sword like plant in 4?

I guess I'll need to move the java fern onto the driftwood. First I gotta make room for it with the Java moss.

So after reading up on some of my plants I can for sure say that #1 is Java fern, #2 is Stargrass, and the plant peeking in from the sides on #2 and #4 is Rotala Wallichii.

I also have Dwarf baby tears, Elodea. Java moss, Moss ball.

I'm still unsure what #3 and the sword plant in #4 are though. I've been scouring the interwebs looking pictures that are similar to no avail.

I have since added a DIY co2 kit to my tank and after one day I have noticed new growth on #3 and the java moss seems to have new growth, but it's hard to tell. The Star grass has turned a brighter green as well. Everything seems to be doing remarkably well!

Back
Top Bottom