Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw this white spotted marine fish in the pet store the other day. It seemed to be grazing on the fine substrate in the tank. It would take a bite, and then the substrate would sift out of its gills!!! I couldn't find the name on the tank anywhere and was in a bit of a rush so I didn't get to ask an employee. It was tiny, maybe an inch or so long. Any idea what this might be? Would love to get my hands on one if it's not "too" pricey.

i may try to purchase of these for my tank, it actually digs up the sand with its mouth and spits it out of his gills very cool

I just got one last week. He is a really cool fish. Mine was a white sleeper goby, but all sand sifting gobies seem to act the same. Grows to about 6 inches. One thing to make sure of is that it will eat prepared foods. If it won't it will need to be trained to or it will starve after depleating the sand of food. <<This>> is an old article on training and feeding sand sifting gobies.

Mine picked out his home the other day and I watched it work for about 20 minutes moving sand out from around a piece of rock to make hime a nice hole under the rock to hang out in.

<<Click here>> for a picture of mine under the moonlights.

Back
Top Bottom