I'm a junky, I need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
tumblr_mkede4tcjH1rympgqo1_250.gif

How do you guys do it?

I have the stocking bug and can't stop.

Last night I went to a new shop that was great in CT.
If you are in CT check out Blakes Aqua Den. I swear its not pretty but his tanks and fish are awesome.
I felt like I was walking into the rape den in Pulp Fiction but his fish are so gorgeous and healthy looking.

Anyway I picked up a couple more cherries, a horned neritem, a zebra nertite and 2 amano shrimp which are AWESOME little shrimp. They are everywhere with ZERO fear of anything in the tank.

His prices are great to. Im waiting for him to get more orange dwarf crays in.

Anyway, he showed me some awesome colored fish he has and already I feel like My tank is going to be over stocked.

I dont really count the shrimp and snails but since all my cycle fish survived, or became zombie fish Im not sure, it limits us to what we can put in that we want.

Honestly I have two zebra Danios I might give to either 2 people who may want them but I like my platy and feel obligated to keep my Molly (plus its an awesome algae eater.

HOW DO YOU FIGHT THIS BUG!?

Anyway the one thing that irritates me about the tank now is there is no unison in it. Its all just single random fish that jet around because they all have/had a job to do.

Im looking into getting a dwarf gourami or two, but want to get some small colorful school fish so you get that burst of large scattered color.

Im afraid Im already going to be looking at a bigger tank soon, and I know my GF will NOT like that.

I may try my hand at making a custom acrylic tank when I get my garages cleaned out.

The only remedy ive found is to shift the addiction. I set up a reef tank and can stock corals to my hearts content. Their bio load is nil so there's really no limit other than real estate :)

What I do is I try to shift my affection to particular species. Like I am setting up a tank for Corys and another for Senegal Bichirs.

I really dig the single (or predominantly single) species tanks along with snails and shrimp

Either develop empathy for the fish ... or start looking into plants.

It's been plants for me. And remembering how awful it was to lose fish after fish, about 6 months after I started keeping them while ignoring everyone's advice about stocking level and water quality.

I didn't think I wanted to keep plants but once I started I couldn't stop.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Oh yeah planting a tank is incredibly fun.

It is very challenging but rewarding

25 months and still sober! Oops, wrong forum. Actually, it has been over two years since I purchased any fish. I still have some in my tank. Just been focusing on plants and shrimp. I still like to go to the LFS and check things out. I just resist the urge to buy anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

25 months and still sober! Oops, wrong forum. Actually, it has been over two years since I purchased any fish. I still have some in my tank. Just been focusing on plants and shrimp. I still like to go to the LFS and check things out. I just resist the urge to buy anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah right now I stock plants and inverts. Have some nice snails and shrimp.

I love plants and for every fish I add a plant or two depending on size. I always keep tabs on my levels to be sure my tank isnt getting nuts (all zeros still and roughly 7ph).

My main prob is that all my cycle fish LIVED (swimming dead)! I feel I owe them and cant get rid of them so space is being occupied by a molly, platy and 2 danios.

I may give the danios to my buddy cause he has one left and Im sure they would be happy in his tank. My Molly I love, I call it my Tank Cow (just a big dumb eating machine grazing algae growth), And Im trying to sex my platy to get the opposite sex but it never puts its tail fins down). The platys are really pretty fish. The Danios are just basically hyper little minows but they do actually get along very nicely with my flying fox. The smaller one follows it everywhere.

Theres no uni-formality in my tank just random species and I want to fix that. Im looking to pick up some small schooling fish like neon tets and maybe a couple fancy guppies with some accent fish, really like the dwarf gouramis.

Right now Im
29 gallon tall
planted with LED on timer and versa lid
Driftwood chunk (pic in my profile)

1 molly
1 platy
2 danio (might give away)
1 baby BN pleco
1 baby angel (I know they get big but Ill trade him/her then for another baby)
1 flying fox (fun fish)
2 TINY bumblebee goby (love these fish)
random snails and shrimp

plants are
2 bigger vals (was one but I split and replanted and it shot up)
1 banana plant that is growing nicely
lots of java moss (love its neon green look)
moss ball
medium anubis already sprouting more
A couple wisteria that I keep replanting cause its a **** weed
Java Fern, also sprouting a baby on top of one of its leave. Ill replant that when its bigger. Also stinks because it has some pods on one leave but theres only one so it wont be fertilized. I like this plant.

Back
Top Bottom