Im scared my fish will jump out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a fully stocked 20 G with a DG, 6 Neon tetras, 3 platys, and 4 albino corys. I need as much water in my tank as i can, and I recently bought a 48W T5HO light for my dwarf HG. This is the one here
24" 48W T5 HO Aquarium Light 2X24W Lamp German Reflector Hood Fixture Coral Reef | eBay

Is there a website that sells acrylic lids? If not whats the best way to avoid my fish from jumping out without lowering water levels. Ive never seen any of my fish jump but I really do not want to chance it.

Aqueon makes a good glass lid, most pets stores sell them.

I read that they do not seem to fit tanks properly. I have a odd sized tank

24x12x16

the 24" lid they have is 23-1/4" x 11-1/2

does the tank have a rim? if so the lid will fit fine, because on the inside of the rim were the lid will fit it will be 23-1/4" x 11-1/2 the back of the lid also comes with a detachable acrylic piece, that you can cut so any wires,hoses, or hob filters can fit

the 24x12 measurement is from the outside of the glass, not the inside were the lid would fit.

does the tank have a rim? if so the lid will fit fine, because on the inside of the rim were the lid will fit it will be 23-1/4" x 11-1/2 the back of the lid also comes with a detachable acrylic piece, that you can cut so any wires,hoses, or hob filters can fit

the 24x12 measurement is from the outside of the glass, not the inside were the lid would fit.

Yes it does thank you I will order now!

Back
Top Bottom