Injured Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

treasy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just bought 2 dwarf gouramis at the LFS yesterday and put them in my QT tank. One looks very healthy and is swimming about dandily. The other has looked quite frail since I bought him. His fins are frayed (probably from nipping at the LFS) and his dorsal fin is not "full" like the other one's.

Then today I looked and saw that the sick-looking gourami had a chunk taken out of his side! His skin is hanging off and he looks pretty badly injured. He's swimming around just as he did before but it seems pretty clear that he was attacked by his tank mate. I dont' want to rush the quarantine process and end up with an infestation in my main tank (with inverts and plants) so I'd rather keep them both in the QT. I don't know if I should bring the injured guy back to the LFS since he was sickly since I bought him, or try to nurse him back

here's a picture of his injury. There's no light in the QT tank so it's a bit difficult to see:

6216355292_fa6d0a0e5d_b.jpg

I had a DG that injured himself, and I used Pimafix/Melafix to heal him back up, worked great. Since 2 male gouramis should not be together, you will probably have to get a divider and keep them separated.

dkpate said:
I had a DG that injured himself, and I used Pimafix/Melafix to heal him back up, worked great. Since 2 male gouramis should not be together, you will probably have to get a divider and keep them separated.

Yeah that's the best thing you could do..

Back
Top Bottom