Injured dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just noticed my dwarf gourami has had one of his side fins completely torn off. My guess the culprit is my male pearl gourami. But never seen aggression between the males. Anyways the dg is swimming around and eating. Not acting injured. How can I help him. Can this fin grow back? Obviously clean water conditions is critical but what else to prevent an infection. Luckily my 10g got a fully cycled reading today so instead of getting a betta I guess the dg is moving. What else can I do. Will aquarium salt help at all?

Pearl gouramis and dwarf gouramis are not considered 100% compatible.
Maybe get the dwarf his own tank with no other gouramis. The fin will grow back eventually. If it was completely torn off, it will not.

Ok looked harder and sAw fin isn't gone. Damage looks to be where fin meets the body. Is this fin rot ? Or is it an injury. Acting more timid then usual.

Attachments

• image-914650708.jpg
    image-914650708.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 63
If the fin just disappeared suddenly like you're making it sound, it's not fin rot. Fin rot takes longer than that. From what I can see the entire fin, both the webbing and the fin rays are gone.

Back
Top Bottom