Injured Silver Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simon Harding

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Sliver Shark managed to swim up between the filter bracket & side of the tank.
He was only trapped for a maximum of 5 minutes, but in that time he’s bruised his dorsal fin, lost several scales around his face on one side & damaged a eye, which has now gone white.
He is swimming around ok & has eaten, but I was wondering if there are any drops that you could recommend to speed up his recovery.
I’m amazed at the injuries he’s sustained considering the short amount of time he was trapped, & the fact there weren’t any rough edges etc.
I love him dearly, & he is swimming with the other 3 Silver Sharks in his group, but I’m half expecting shock to set in & him die in the night.
I pray that isn’t the case, so if you can recommend any treatment I’d be grateful.
I live in Somerset, England & would need to buy treatment on line as I’m disabled & in full isolation due to Covid.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Simon

Since your limited in medication, try some aquarium or kosher salt if your tank mates will tolerate it. And some melafix and pimafix are decent antiseptics that will help ward off infections. Just keep an eye on him, he'll prob heal up just fine

Back
Top Bottom