Inline CO2 diffuser Fluval Canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CcJ23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im conveniently adding pressurized CO2 at the same time I'm setting my Fluval 404. I've got a Milwaukee regulator, Co2 tubing, and rubber adapters to connect the diffuser. I will be getting my tank within the next few says, and a 16/22 diffuser should be coming in the mail soon, along with a check valve and the bubble counter that connects to the solenoid. My question is, what is the best way to do this? In the intake before the filter, or in the output? Also, I've got plans to upgrade in the future to a bigger tank, on a taller stand. Would it be a bad idea to leave the hoses long instead of cutting them to size like suggested? I'm not sure if that affects filtering. My final question, is it better to put the intake and output in the same corner or opposites. I would try both, but there's not enough hose. I replaced the impeller so I should have plenty of flow, but I want to keep it circular.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391454017.531980.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391454054.398290.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391454089.346375.jpg

I just set up the same Milwaukee CO2 regulator and a similar in-line diffuser with my Eheim canister, but I think the logic should be the same.

I've read, and it seems to make intuitive sense, that you should put the diffuser on the output hose of the filter. Otherwise, you may have to clean organic matter out of the diffuser every now and then. Since this hasn't actually happened to me, I can't speak to how much of a problem this actually is.

I went out and bought my own lengths of hose that were longer. I don't think (within reason) hose length affects filtration. It's more of an issue as to whether or not the motor can push water through the output. These filters are pretty powerful to begin with, so I wouldn't worry.

Finally, I think for filter efficiency, you want to have the input and output on opposite sides or at different depths (e.g. output high, intake low) in the tank. It won't be the end of the world if this isn't how you set it up, but the effective GPH of your filter will probably be lower.

Back
Top Bottom