Interesting critter I've never seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason2250

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First, hello all. I'll introduce myself better later. We have this salt water tank at work, and today, the receptionist noticed these two new "critters" in the tanks.

Attached is a picture (best I could get) of our new "pets" in the tank. Any clue as to what they might be?

The little worm thing has 4 or 5 buddies that look identical but are smaller. Redish-orange in color and little white feathery nubs comming off the sides.

The others are little flea looking critters. Most "legs" are forward facing but the rear ones are facing the backwards direction. My best guess on these are that they are some freshly hatched crabs or somthing, but I'm not positive.

Anyone that can assist I'd be much apprecitive.

Best Regards

Paul

http://www.lordsarmory.net/images2/huh.jpg

The worms are "Bristle Worms" or "Fire "Worms" Not sure how to tell them apart or if they are just two common names for the same critters. Not sure on the Flea like things
HTH

Bristleworms and pods. Worms aren't a problem, they are scavengers, and eat what everyone else doesn't. They tend to come at night or if there is food right next to where they are hiding.

Back
Top Bottom