Invert focused planted 6 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm still working on filling mine out, so it's still a little bare! Especially the java moss rug that's still growing. The first pic doesn't include the marimo that I recently added.

My tank by Penguin KaDen, on Flickr

Tribbles in my tank by Penguin KaDen, on Flickr

Right now it's pretty much just snails and shrimp; the tetras are no longer in the tank. Planning on expanding the java moss soon, eventually to cover the floor and the driftwood. Also putting in some micro sword plants soon for happy shrimp. All I have right now are little feeder ghost shrimp, but I will be adding cherries soon if I can. Still a lot to do on this little tank, but I think it'll be great when it's done. My swords are growing fast!

I just bought this one xD I know how to make my own java rugs but I needed some initial moss and there's no way to buy them 'round here except already woven into mats. Once this gets taller and stronger, I'll be clipping it and setting up new mats until I have enough to get the place carpeted.

Could you tell us more about the rug idea?

My thought was to tether my java moss to small stones, and the moss would attach over time on its own, and intermingle with other stones to create a strong rug..

Its a beautiful tank :)

Welcome!

You've off to a very nice start there. I think it looks great. My apple snails always ate my plants so I stopped keeping them. Do yours not bother the plants?

severum mama said:
Welcome!

You've off to a very nice start there. I think it looks great. My apple snails always ate my plants so I stopped keeping them. Do yours not bother the plants?

Not to jack the thread, but would you say fluval edges are better for freshwater rather than salt water? I know you said in SW they make PH swing

Welcome to AA, glad to have you along! Glad to have another invert lover join us here hehe :)

Good looking tank! If you want to put the RCS in there, you might want to take the ghosties out as they are known to be aggressive. I'm going to get a fluval edge this weekend, and it's going to be a snowball shrimp tank, can't wait to see what yours looks like finished! :)

Back
Top Bottom