Inverts for a biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what you like. :-D

I have a couple peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp in my cube. Also emerald crabs are really neat to watch as well as porcelain crabs.

The stock lights on a biocube should be able to sustain most basic soft corals and a few LPS corals as well. Have you checked out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums for ideas? It will list the lighting requirements as well as tank size and other good information for each invert and coral. really great site for research. :)

Good luck!

What fish are you going to have if any? If I was going for only one fish in a tank that small I would get a goby and a pistol shrimp then decide what I want. If I was going for strictly invertebrates pom pom crabs and sexy shrimp with a few other things thrown in.

The fish is a firefish and I want corals and would a skunk cleaner work with some sexy shrimp I like the porcelain and emerald crabs

A cleaner would work. Sexy shrimp are very small but would work as well. I had them in my 14 gal biocube for a while but I had a lot of rocks and only saw them half the time. They eventually got taken care of by a hairy crab I found as a hitch hiker :( but they are very cool shrimp as well. Peppermint shrimp are good just make sure your LFS is selling peps and not camel shrimp. I had a friend make that mistake before

Back
Top Bottom