Inverts with Discus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimBob1982

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anybody have experience with inverts (specifically shrimp) with Discus? I like the little critters but I am afraid that the Discus would eat the shrimp.

Anybody have experience with inverts (specifically shrimp) with Discus? I like the little critters but I am afraid that the Discus would eat the shrimp.

what kind of shrimps are you referring to? Discus are peaceful creatures that will most likely not bother shrimps such as bamboo shrimps. but if you're talking about RCS or CRS, then you will have problems with juvies

sorry, but not familiar with the abbreviations RCS or CRS. I was thinking along the line of Amano Shrimp or a Black Forest Freshwater Shrimp. I have a couple Ghost Shrimp (first time ever having shrimp) and really like watching them. that is the extent of my experience with shrimp and why I am asking for the advice.

RCS=red cherry shrimp
CRS=crystal red shrimp

if you have not dealt with shrimps before, then i would recommend getting the ghost shrimps. they're very cheap and if they do survive they are heck of the scavengers. other shrimps, amano, RCS, RCS, bamboo, cost way more than ghost shrimps, but not expensive as the discus of course

Back
Top Bottom