Iphone App Push Notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donkey Gun

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It would be nice to be able to find the thread I'm getting the notification for.

I'll see the push notification, open the app, go to the participated thread list and nothing will be bold, as if someone posted. This is kind of annoying because there over 130 threads I've written on and scrolling through them all is a pain.

What would be ideal:
When a thread you've subscribed to had a new post, it should consistently put that thread at the top of the list. Then, there's no need to scroll through all the other dead threads.

Also, how do I erase old threads under the participated tab? Can I even do that?

Thank You, otherwise this app is the bomb!

By delete do you mean unsubscribe? If so when you get the email notification you can unsubscribe there to that thread or all threads. Of that's NOT what you meant then I have wasted my time typing and your time by reading. For that I apologize.

I don't have an issue scrolling through threads I've posted in and most if the time when I get an email notification I just open it up in safari to respond. BUT... I do understand what your saying and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the threads bumped up to the top in bold instead of going through 500+ pages.

But... That's the app and the powers to be, still love the forum and the app.

Hey Convict.

I don't get the email notifications. I turned that off awhile ago, since I use the app almost all the time. I can unsubscribe from a thread but it still stays on the participated list.

Also, what is the Last Visit tab? seems pretty useless since most of the threads on there are not from my last visit. lol.

Ohhhh well.

Happy New Year!!

I don't get the push notifications on my phone and I have them turned on, I don't understand why I am not getting them, is there any I can do to get them?

They don't appear unless you open the app an then close the app. That's when my push notifications appear. It doesn't matter though, because sometimes it gives false notifications or you just can't find the thread gad nabbit.

They don't appear unless you open the app an then close the app. That's when my push notifications appear. It doesn't matter though, because sometimes it gives false notifications or you just can't find the thread gad nabbit.

Yeah I get them but I thought you was on about the normal push ones, but I always find the thread tho under currant and participating

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit the more tab in the bottom right hand corner and the hit subscribe

Back
Top Bottom