is a amazon sword supposed to grow this big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well ive been using api root tabs and aqueon liquid ferts also dosing liquid co2 every day. All my plants are getting big. I have ocelot swords that are putting out 2-3 leaves a week. I also have switched to dynamite root tabs.

I used to keep my huge swords trimmed. You can remove outside leaves as close to the crown as possible so you don't have ugly stems sticking up, making the plant more vertical so it takes up less space if you want but right now IMO it looks good and isn't crowding anything.

I just took other amazons outta that tank and put them in a 20g that im gonna plant for my convicts. Is there a reason why my ocelot and flame swords arent growing tall? they are putting out lots of leaves but not growing tall.

My sword got so big it took up half of a 29 gallon tank. I passed it on to another aquarium advise member. Wish I had know I could just trim the leaves off to make it smaller. My shrimp loved it.

Back
Top Bottom