Is Gorilla glue alright for fragging?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering, I know most people use super glu gel, but all I have right now is Gorilla Glue. Is it alright to use this glue to attach some frags in terms of underwater use? Im pretty sure it will glue the frags in place, but is it reef safe?

http://www.gorillaglue.com/great.htm

I don't know....but my guess would be no....I'm not real keen on using super glue either but sometimes you have to....

Super glue gel is one of the best ways to do it I just hate using the stuff personally....it works almost instantly.....btw what are you glueing?

I'm not sure of the name of this coral, as I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know the name(the Red softie)? I was just planning on taking a piece of it off and moving it to the other side of the tank (glued to a small rock). Thanks for the article Hara, I could probably use the toothpick method, but would that hurt the coral?

Attachments

• img_1362_105.jpg
    img_1362_105.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 64
One thing, the pic is blurry, but it looks to be a carnation coral. They are very very delicate and frankly, I wouldn't frag it. It also looks like you have a goniopora too..your choice in corals is on the difficult side, I wish you luck with them.

Thanks for the input, if it is indeed a carnation I heard that they are fragile. Maybe I'll wait a little bit to see how it does in the tank. Thanks...

gorilla glue expands like a foam when it cures, and that takes a couple hrs. i would say stick (pun intended) with the super glue.

Back
Top Bottom