Is it make-believe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Avi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw a cabbage leather that I'm interested in buying but it's a nice shade of green. I don't know for sure that there is a natural green morph of cabbage leather coral that isn't dyed...Does anyone know for sure whether there is a green cabbage leather or is this it dyed? I hear that some people are dying corals and I sure wouldn't want to buy into that madness.

Like this?

MVC-312S.JPG

From

http://www.reefsource.com/see_it_before_you_buy_it.htm

Well, a little like that. BUT, the green coloring is a lot more intense and covers a greater area on each of the lobes of the coral that I'm considering. Of course that can mean a number of things....

Can I ask you how long you've had that coral and, if you've had it long enough to see growth of new lobes, do the new ones have green coloring? Also, are there times when they get more green and other times when they show less green?

One more question....Was this coral more green when you got it? Did the green get less intense over time, like fade?

THANKS a lot for your response...This may give me the answer>

ooops...just realized that you got that pic off a website....so, doesn't look like you can give me that kind of detail. I can't really be sure that the ones that they represent in that pic aren't dyed, can I?

Back
Top Bottom