Is Lace safe for marine use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwing

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently bought and set up a 125 g marine aquarium. I used about 50 lbs of live rock and about 50 lbs. of Lace which I bought from my LFS. I have since read that certain types of volcanic rock can poison your system. I assumed that the rock I was sold would be marine safe....should I be concerned?

i really wish i knew what "lace" was but even if i did it sounds like you are talking about saltwater and i dont know anything about that stuff, maybe you could educate me

I believe the "lace" being referred to is lace rock. I have no idea what lace rock is, but my LFS sells it too.

Many an LFS has attempted to sell me lace rock for my tanks (both SW and FW), so I am going to assume that what they are selling is safe for tanks. Maybe not all lace rock, but what they are selling.

It is ignious rock formed by volcanic activity. I believe you should be ok. I have seen a lot of sites that sell them and state they will work in FW and SW.
It's grey rock, right?
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I thought you were talking about putting panties in the aquarium.

Its fine, i used it in my first FO tank before i knew about LR and all that good stuff.

LOL....panties in the tank...Actually I was thinking of a doilie....

Yes Lace rock is ok...I have a lot of it myself I use it in my fuge and some in my main for frags and such...the nice thing about it is, it is usually very cheap at the LFS!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom