Is my lighting ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the same exact set up. I love it. No issues at all, make sure you take out the styrofoam behind each bulb and the white plastic film off the splashguard. No directions on how to mount the arms to the light itself, but easy enough to figure out.

I have the same exact set up. I love it. No issues at all, make sure you take out the styrofoam behind each bulb and the white plastic film off the splashguard. No directions on how to mount the arms to the light itself, but easy enough to figure out.

Do you have saltwater if so do you have coralline. Do you have any corals

Yes. I have a 55G saltwater tank, I purchased the 48'' one. I have some zoanthids, mushrooms, bubble coral and a torch so far, all well.

Yes. I have a 55G saltwater tank, I purchased the 48'' one. I have some zoanthids, mushrooms, bubble coral and a torch so far, all well.

Sweet that's awesome to hear what's you light schedule and maybe some pics if you wanna show that tank off a little

I will post some or you can look at my build. It's under getting started as well it's Tom's 55G build or something like that. All pics I've taken are there. Been up for about 2 months i'd say and no coraline yet, I want it bad!!!!!!

Absolutely! Good fixture to work with there. As far as coralline algae, it can end up being a nuisance over time. Believe it or not, calcium and "bluer" actinic light is the key to get it to grow. As long as you keep your calcium above 400, which isn't hard, and nitrates/phosphates in check, you will see coralline algae in 3-4 months. Once it takes off, it really takes OFF!

Also, if you like the coralline look and want it faster, get "Real Reef Rock". It's a new aquaculture man made rock that has a pigment in the mix that makes it purple and blue. It's very attractive and works well for a reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom