Is my stocking plan ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rianyu

Aquarium Advice Activist
Oh boy it's time...

I just moved into a new house with a new tank (33gallon)!! It's cycling with one of the two filters I had running on my original 30 gallon, so hopefully I'll be able to transfer my community over sooner than later.

It's a slightly bigger tank and I did have a bit of fish loss before due to a power outage while I was on vacation, so now I am planning on replenishing the numbers and possibly adding to the family. I'm worried I'm overstocking though...can anyone give me some advice or reassurance?

I plan to have:

10 neon tetras (from old tank)
5 Rummynose tetras (have 2 survivors, will add 3 more)
5 otocinclus (from old tank)
2 siamese algae eaters (from old tank)
2 Gold Rams (new hopefully?)
5 corydoras (adolfo or panda??) (new)

Now, I used aqadvisor ad it shows me being overstocked by %109 but I've heard that it's not set in stone. Anyway would just love to hear what you guys think.

Is it too much? Should I chill out a bit?

That sounds like decent stocking as long as you keep an eye on your parameters. Rams are so freaking sensitive to debris, TDS, pH swings, as well as ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates. You'd definitely want to get them last once the tank has been cycled for awhile and tankmates have settled.

Awesome thanks. Yeah i was planning on moving everyone over since the tank is cycled and waiting maybe a month or so before adding the rams and the cories.

Using ADA Amazonia for this new set up and knowing that it leaks ammonia makes me nervous so I'm being extra careful

Back
Top Bottom