Is my tank too unlevel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish4phil

Aquarium Advice Freak
I’ve had my 36G Bowfront tank setup for almost 3 months now, and have always had a slight unlevelness to it, from back to front. Left to right is perfectly level. The back to front unlevelness is a quarter of an inch. I’ve read that this isn’t anything to be too concerned of?

Attachments

• 20140119_173424.jpg
    20140119_173424.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 177
I can't see that being a problem providing the tank is on a strong stable base. It just doesn't look so good if you can't fill the tank high enough to hide the water level.

I don't think I have one tank here that's perfectly leveled. Your tank would bug enough to level it but as long as it is sitting correctly on the stand, not rocking or moving, I don't think it poses a problem. How about you, what's your gut telling you?

The stand is the stand that I bought with the tank, and it hasn't moved at all since filling it with water initially. My gut is that it's not an issue, but at the same time, I don't want 30+ gallons of water on my living room floor :)

I don't stare at the water level from the side of the tank, so it's been a couple of months since I've even thought of it. Biggest issue for me is to prevent all the water from spilling

Water level visible: I've never thought of this as an aestethic issue, but that's a good point...I heard my heater doesn't "like" to be "fully" submersed (the temperature control part?)?

That's strange! I followed your link to your heater and it says it's fully submersible.
Anyway, not seeing the water line is just one of my 'things' - OCD :)

The stand is the stand that I bought with the tank, and it hasn't moved at all since filling it with water initially. My gut is that it's not an issue, but at the same time, I don't want 30+ gallons of water on my living room floor :)

I don't stare at the water level from the side of the tank, so it's been a couple of months since I've even thought of it. Biggest issue for me is to prevent all the water from spilling

Water level visible: I've never thought of this as an aestethic issue, but that's a good point...I heard my heater doesn't "like" to be "fully" submersed (the temperature control part?)?

So it is bugging you, level it. You might have to drain almost all of your water if you try leveling it or else you might then have that flood in your living room.

My tank is in the same position and it has a sturdy stand so I believe it's fine.

Actually, I think I would worry about it more if I leveled it (stand not completely flat on the floor all the way around, kind of thing)

One of my tanks is over carpet and I used shims to level it.
My other tank is on hardwood and has been not been level (side to side) for months. I finally got tired of it, performed a 75% WC and slid 1/4" felt disks under the legs on one side. Looked at the tank, noticed that the leveling was even worse and then realized that I put them on the WRONG side. Duh.

I set up my 45 fluval bow last night... It came with the fluval bow 45 stand and I noticed today that on one side (left to right) the water was 1/4 inch higher (measured with measuring tape) should I be concerned?? I've heard that it doesn't matter as long as the surface the stand sits on is flat... Not so much the floor it Sits on.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom