Is my turbo snail dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capj64

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A week in a half ago I bought 3 turbo snails to help with algae. This morning I noticed that one of them was sitting on the bottom of the tank but still attached to the wall. We were getting ready to leave for the day so I had little time to watch it. When we came home it was half way up the wall so I thought it was ok. Later I heard a clank and looked...it had fallen to the bottom. I picked it up and held it to the wall until it attached, but a few minutes later it fell again. We've repeated this several times and it just seems to not be able to hold it's suction. I gave up and placed it on a rock. It moved on it until it got to the slanted part and then rolled off. Does this mean it's dying?

I checked my water and everything's fine. I had just done a PWC yesterday.

Really all you can do is to watch it. It may have gotten shocked by your PWC and will rebound in a few days.

Nope, it died :( I had it sitting on a rock and it hadn't moved so I picked it up this moring. It's flap was closed so I tapped it a couple of time and nothing happened...then the smell hit me *gag*

I did an amonnia test but it's ok. I'll check it again tonight just to make sure.

I guess they dont live forever. Maybe he was old when you got him? How long do snails tend to live in the aquarium anyways?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom