is she pregnant???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jussy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I jus wanted to know If my platy is pregnant or not??

Attachments

• IMG-20110713-00209.jpg
    IMG-20110713-00209.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG-20110713-00210.jpg
    IMG-20110713-00210.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 108
I do believe she is...I only compared pictures that I found on other websites and google images so I may not be 100% correct, but I think she is!

Thank you,

Would you happen to kno how long I'll have to wait for platy fry?

I read that the gestation period is 30 to 40 days depending on the water temperature( the higher the temp the sooner the fry). Also the first drop would probably be around 10 fry then it just goes up hill from there with the number of fry!

Well I currently have my heater set at 24c what's the max I can have it so that it speeds up the process but doesn't cook my fish (I also have some guppy fry in the tank don't know if they need the temp to be higher/lower) ?

I would do a max at 26 c and it won't hurt the guppy fry, it'll just mature them quicker too!

Ok I'll turn that up right away. I can't wait to see what my guppy fry look like :p

The platy that's in the pic died today :'(
I only yesterday It had anchor worms which I pulled out with a pair of tweezers then I come back from work and it's dead I think I'll have to replace her :'(

Loool just as great.... That's not good lol my new 1 needs to be much better lol needs to atleast give me some babies.

Back
Top Bottom