Is the FluvalSEA 5 gallon good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdang

Aquarium Advice Activist
Seems ok just wondering if I’ll run into any problems down the road.

Looking to keep some polyps shrooms and sexy shrimp

IMG_3350.jpg

Not my personal experience but our lfs Elite reefs has one of these going and it looks good!!!

Also saw it recently in a video...

It is at 1:50 June 2017

also this more recent one Feb. 2018

at 2:30 but apparently an upgraded light

Yeah I think I’m going to go with something else because the light has to be screwed on and off for tank access.

I love my Nuvo fusion 20 gallon. You have to get a light separately but the Nuvo fusions are really well made tanks and the glass is low iron. I believe it comes in an 8 gallon size

I have the FW Spec V and you can leave the screw loose, and it just slides on to a metal slot and lifts off if it is not tightened. I can't see if it is exactly the same on the side or not.

There are so many choices for nano tanks now.

Don't know if Fluval Flex have any kits for SW but you could make one out of it I think , there is a smaller one but the 15G looks like a fun tank shape, edgy and unique.

I love my Nuvo fusion 20 gallon. You have to get a light separately but the Nuvo fusions are really well made tanks and the glass is low iron. I believe it comes in an 8 gallon size

Where did you get it? Is there room for a skimmer?

I have the FW Spec V and you can leave the screw loose, and it just slides on to a metal slot and lifts off if it is not tightened. I can't see if it is exactly the same on the side or not.

There are so many choices for nano tanks now.

Don't know if Fluval Flex have any kits for SW but you could make one out of it I think , there is a smaller one but the 15G looks like a fun tank shape, edgy and unique.

Yeah there’s a lot to choose from. I’m checking them out on amazon. I need to go to an actual reef aquarium store to get some better ideas. The good ones are far from me though.

Where did you get it? Is there room for a skimmer?

I ordered it from marinedepot. There is room for a small one in the back I believe. However I don’t run one and just keep up on wcs and have great growth and color on all my sps (montis, stylophora, pocillopora, and a blue tipped stag horn acroporA). Clam is doing very well too.

Oh nice! Do you have fish too? Do you use any filtration?

I have a helfrichi firefish and a clown in there. I use pyrogens in the back chamber and that’s about it. A bunch of caluerpa has grown in the main tank as well which I pull out as nutrient export as well.

No algae scrubber then?What are pyrogens?

Back
Top Bottom