Is there a problem here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2pac.biggie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey ppl I got a anemone 3days ago because my clowns hosted a torch coral and been told that the clowns can kill the torch coral. I got a anemone now but I've been told its a bubble tip anemone by my lfs. A day after I got it I was watching a YouTube clip about anemone and been advised not to get any white anemone because it mean there ill. Is that tru??

Here is a picture of my anemone. And oh ye forgot to mention when my anemone opened up my clowns both went to the anemone and left the torch coral :) lol

Attachments

• image-3525186861.jpg
    image-3525186861.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1673943312.jpg
    image-1673943312.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 115
  • image-897154935.jpg
    image-897154935.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 99
Looks like a green bubble tip to me. He looks fine. What kind of lighting do u have?

That's what I was thinking its doing ok :) and I have white and blue LED lighting

2pac.biggie said:
That's what I was thinking its doing ok :) and I have white and blue LED lighting

Should be ok... Looks pretty healthy to me.

Thank you I'm having problems feeding it now I just tryed feeding it prawns and it doesn't have it. What is the best food to feed it? Sorry this is my 1st anemone lol

2pac.biggie said:
Thank you I'm having problems feeding it now I just tryed feeding it prawns and it doesn't have it. What is the best food to feed it? Sorry this is my 1st anemone lol

Just feed your tank, the clowns will take care of it.

The anemone will get the vast majority of its nutrition from the zooxanthellae in its tissue. It will aslo get some from the clowns feces and may capture some zooplankton.

The two biggest miss steps with anemones seem to be insufficient light and / or people trying to get them to eat too much solid food based on what I've read.

2pac.biggie said:
Oh ok so if I just feed my clowns as normal it's ok?

Yep, shouldn't have issues... I don't feed mine and I have 5.

Attachments

• image-1772443922.jpg
    image-1772443922.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 113
Really that's great then il just feed my clowns then for a week and see how it goes thank you very much and ur maroon clown and anemone look fantastic :)

2pac.biggie said:
Really that's great then il just feed my clowns then for a week and see how it goes thank you very much and ur maroon clown and anemone look fantastic :)

Thanks and your welcome.

2pac.biggie said:
Here is a picture of my anemone. And oh ye forgot to mention when my anemone opened up my clowns both went to the anemone and left the torch coral :) lol

Yeah, that anemone isn't in bad shape. Might be a little light tan, but it will probably get to be a darker brown over time. Mine was a little light when I got it too. Here's when I got it:

image-47118732.jpg

And now:

image-3122459038.jpg

You're lucky your clowns went right over there!! My clown has barely looked at my anemone!! :(

Your anemone looks nice aswel :) hopefully I have no problems with mine lol but my anemone keeps moving about now and it's stuck on to the side of tank on the glass :s a place where I didn't want it to go lol

And ye my clowns where hosting a torch 1st but when I got my anemone it ran to it lol

Back
Top Bottom