Is this a dragon blood peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i i have this fish some have said its a ram but more have said its a dragon blood peacock can some one help id it

Attachments

• image-3363418739.jpg
    image-3363418739.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 129
No. You will have to wait for somebody who knows more than me to tell you what it is, but I don't think it is a dragon blood peacock. It does not have much color on it, and even a young dbp should be showing more red that that guy is.

its looks like its. lil pink around the head and gills with spots dunno think il bring him to my lfs and see if they have any idea

hes only around 1" 1/2" so still small

bloody awsome i almost went to buy one on the weekend glad i didnt now il have to keep an eye on some of my smaller fish then

il put him in my specimen box and get a pic later once im not at work XD

a better pic

Attachments

• image-3981083692.jpg
    image-3981083692.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image-438814861.jpg
    image-438814861.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 83
To me it looks more of what is called a strawberry peacock I guess time will tell. It is very hard to ID a cichlid when young but that would be my best guess. You'll have to wait till it grows some more and bringing in some more color imo. All the dragon bloods I've had show a lot more of color at this size even smaller. Strawberry I believe are a hybrid and come in different color formations here is two links.

http://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk/Strawberry-Peacock-SKU161952.html

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=stra....jpg&w=500&h=375&ei=q2lkULTZHrSvygHaLA&zoom=1

Last edited:
identical to the second picture you posted

lamby said:
so atleast i know its a peacock now

Due to the fact its a hybrid you more than likely won't find info for it. I think its not a man made peacock but they consider it a hybrid in Malawi and has no scientific name

yeahdosnt realy bother me to much i just wanted a rought idea but thank you at least i know it'll be alright in with the cichlid

cheers mate realy been trying to get some bold colours in my tank

Back
Top Bottom