Is this fish pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoDrapes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this as a feeder fish, I think it's a guppy, not sure. It got really fat the last couple of days. Only thing is that I had a male beta in with her.

Attachments

• image-3319606595.jpg
    image-3319606595.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 83
He never paid attention to her, from what I saw, and he died a couple days ago. She looks healthy other than being fat. I attached a better photo.

Attachments

• image-998571496.jpg
    image-998571496.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 87
She probably came pg. They often do unless separated pretty young from all males. I believe I read they can reserve the male's contribution and can have several batches of fry that way. Anyone confirm?

She probably came pg. They often do unless separated pretty young from all males. I believe I read they can reserve the male's contribution and can have several batches of fry that way. Anyone confirm?

This is true, Guppies can store a males sperm and inseminate themselves up to three times. Yes this Guppy is pregnant and it looks like she doesn't have that long until she drops. And I agree, more than likely she was impregnated by a male before you got her.

Thanks for your help! Now I'm watching the tank like a hawk hehe

Back
Top Bottom