Is this ich or fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
My mother just got fish and it looks like 2 of the mollies have ich or something. I tried to take a clear pic. I know what to do if it is ich from reading on here but I need help identifying if it is or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409805122798.jpg
    1409805122798.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 106
2 mollies died from it. I tried to get a better pic but couldnt. I'm pretty sure it's ich. I'm treating with heat now. :(

It's a bare bottom tank but there are tons of floating plants and a few fake ones.

All the fish died so far but 1 cory. There are mystery snails and plants. Are the plants trash? Do they hold ich eggs? Can the snails be moved to a disease free tank?

I'm so sorry for your losses. Ich just showed it's ugly head in my QT tank too.

You need to run the high heat for at least 10 days. 14 would be good to ensure you don't have and parasite survivors. Leave everything in that tank. Once the parasites die off, then you can begin adding more fish. Just make sure you wait 14 days after the last white spots have been seen. Then so a couple large water changes and you should be good to go. Moving snails or plants are just going to infect you other tanks. You must wait out the process. What temp is your tank at?

I have loaches, neons and duckweed in my QT tank. I increased temp to 88 slowly yesterday and today I'm going to add a 1/2 dose of aquarium salt. This will kill the swimming parasites before they infect another fish, but since my loaches are scaleless on their heads they can be sensitive to the salt. I hope I don't loose my duck weed too. Wish me luck.

Well its my mother's tank and I suspect she unplugged the heater. She doesn't want to believe heat will help. I'll talk to her again when she gets home. :(

Back
Top Bottom