Is this Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone,

This is a clown loach in a set up 55 gallon tank he has been in my tank for about 2-3 weeks he has been doing great in my aquarium and eating snails constantly which i want. But i have noticed MANY small white spots on his body is this ich?...:confused:

I think this is ich but just asking just in case

:( I have already started to heat up the water from 80 to 86 and placed in a bubbler to keep oxygen in the tank.

Thanks for all the answers in advance:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Yes this looks like ich. Sounds like you are on the right track for treatment. Keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ich indeed. Use Kordon ich-attack. its all herbal and wont hurt the other fish in the tank. I had great results in a week or two using ich-attack.

E

Treatment

I recently got some new platy's they had ich. I used Jungle ich guard worked like a charm. Only took two days for me, but did dye my hands blue! :facepalm:

Heat and salt is all you need. That's if your fish can tolerate the salt.

86 degrees and a half cup of salt per 10 gallons.

Treat for a week after the last white dot.

There are great videos on YouTube on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water has been at 90 degrees for almost a week now and tried all the ich cures in my local pet stores. :confused: :banghead: :hide:
I am not sure if my fish can tolerate salt?

Thanks, for any more help:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 43
Did you try the kordon medicine, or any medication with formalin and methyl blue?

I would find out about the salt, or just add it anyway. The fish will die anyway if you don't get the ich under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I put in many different kinds of ich medication and the dots are starting to fade after the last one I tried. I also used salt and heat to fix the problem.

Thx strange thing is is that that was the only fish with ich in my aquarium for it is set up and I really haven't had any problems with it.

Everything was very strange. But thanks to everyone who replied...

Back
Top Bottom