Is this normal for my plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's starting to brown a bit from the leaves it's from one those you buy in bulbs at the lfs is the browning normal since it's at the top of the tank water closer to the 6500k light?
And also what is that thing poking out in the 3rd pic!?

Attachments

• image-279114912.jpg
    image-279114912.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2592493819.jpg
    image-2592493819.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 67
  • image-286213878.jpg
    image-286213878.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 73
Ok,most likely you have fully aquatic plants that were grown emersed not submersed...meaning the plant although fully aquatic was not grown in the water column to begin with,so the plant will go through the change of being grown fully emersed thus the old growth tends to die off..are you seeing new growth with your plants?

What kind of plant is that? Aponegeton or sword. It might be a nutrient deficiency. The third pic looks like a flower or adventitious shoot coming. Depending on the plant.

tiger terror said:
Ok,most likely you have fully aquatic plants that were grown emersed not submersed...meaning the plant although fully aquatic was not grown in the water column to begin with,so the plant will go through the change of being grown fully emersed thus the old growth tends to die off..are you seeing new growth with your plants?

Yes theirs idk 12 leaves the ones in the picture are the first leaves it had

Atxpunx said:
What kind of plant is that? Aponegeton or sword. It might be a nutrient deficiency. The third pic looks like a flower or adventitious shoot coming. Depending on the plant.

It's aponegeton

That means you probably got it from bulb. Might just be nutrient deficiency, or that third pic is a flower coming out and the plant is focusing on production of the flower ( thats its plant life goal ), also not every leaf is perfect. Look up t8 fixtures or t5 normal output fixtures, that is a cheap route.

My bad,thought you had a sword plant there which I mistakingly thought you had bought in a tube..

Atxpunx said:
That means you probably got it from bulb. Might just be nutrient deficiency, or that third pic is a flower coming out and the plant is focusing on production of the flower ( thats its plant life goal ), also not every leaf is perfect. Look up t8 fixtures or t5 normal output fixtures, that is a cheap route.

Oh ok so can I snip it off? My hood won't go high enough for a flower and yeah it has 12 or over leaves all different
Those are the first ones ate they just old?

If those are the first leaves it might be that they were formed when the tank was in a different state and now the tank has different parameters the older leaves cant adjust. I'm thinking deficiency though, when I had aponegetons they loved nutrients at the roots/tuber. One thing you can try with that potential flower is pull it down into the water. It might be too late but once in the water it'll make a new plant that once it grows roots you can plant on its own and have two aponegetons. To answer your question you can snip it off at the base where it's coming out, it's a really pretty flower though.

Atxpunx said:
If those are the first leaves it might be that they were formed when the tank was in a different state and now the tank has different parameters the older leaves cant adjust. I'm thinking deficiency though, when I had aponegetons they loved nutrients at the roots/tuber. One thing you can try with that potential flower is pull it down into the water. It might be too late but once in the water it'll make a new plant that once it grows roots you can plant on its own and have two aponegetons. To answer your question you can snip it off at the base where it's coming out, it's a really pretty flower though.

Oh ok I tested water at lps they said it was good and I'll try putting it in the water hopefully it'll work

Atxpunx said:

I checked them at the lfs they said water was good
And if it's too late I'll try to grow it will it grow at room temperature?

Back
Top Bottom