Is This Planaria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think my tank has planaria. I'm not sure though. They are extremely thin like hair and tiny no longer then half a dime maybe... They look to be a pinkish red or maybe a pinkish white. Extremely tiny!!! I can't even get a pic. Sometimes it looks like my tank has five and other times it looks like 5,000. I change water don't over feed not to say that I haven't. I think maybe I have to many stones in there so maybe I'm not getting it all when I vacuum. Anyway does anyone have any clue what they are? If they are planaria or not and how you get rid of them? Are they going to harm my fish? Please help!!!

Planaria is harmless, do some extra water changes and feed a bit less than you are now and they will go away.

Planaria is a problem if they are in a shrimp tank. Something to do with them is hazardous to shrimp

fishfanatic said:
Planaria is a problem if they are in a shrimp tank. Something to do with them is hazardous to shrimp

Yep. They will lead to dead shrimp. Fine with fish. Just feed less. For shrimp, you can use fenbendazole in the tank without harming the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom