Jack Dempseys spawning??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well..it might work but one of the hard parts about EBJD's is that they are "known to be " slightly less aggressive than the normal JD 's and the BGJD's so most successful breeders have a Dominant male EBJD and female BGJD. But who really knows...I currently have a male convict and a female EBJD spawning! Still waiting to see if eggs hatch! Lol HOLY HYBRID

Yeah, if it works out they should be pretty neat looking. I've seen convict/Dempsey hybrids but never with an EBJD. And as for selling, i'm working on learning how to ship safely.

Well if you get it figured out I would be interested in a couple. Lol but I'm happy with mine for now I put a piece of slate in their cave last night so hopefully ill get some eggs soon! After they lay the eggs how long does it take theM to hatch and is there anything I need to bbe careful about while they are in there?

Generally once the eggs are visible it should only be a couple days before they hatch.(if the eggs were fertilized) Depending on whether your planning on removing the fry or not reflects how post hatching goes... I remove the rock that the eggs are layed on once im sure they are properly fertilized and hatch them in a seperate tank. Once eggs hatch(either way) they are basically just tiny little wiggling nothings for about 2 days. If left with parents you probably will think they're gone. After a couple of days they grow and learn to swim and basically begin to be visible real fish(very very tiny fish). At this point they look like a swarm of ants or something. And generally if left with the parents they will herd them around and protect them from danger! Great parents! As I've said...until they're ready to spawn again...or if there is any kind of stress....or excitement (no feeder fish!)

Woah...quite the rant, my apologies

Not a rant at all. Lol very informative. I'd probably just leave the first batch in there. They have just been hiding in their cave all day. Kinda worrying me but all water parameters are good

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom