Java fern turning white

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
Update: on my last post I said that my Java fern was turning white. It still is. Apparently it's from nutrient deficiency. Now I'm thinking of getting liquid fertilizer. What kind of nutrients do Java ferns need? Iron, potassium, nitrogen?

All plants require the same nutrients. Some more than other, some less than others, but overall they all require the same basic list of elements. The nutrients we can supply with fertilizers are as follows:

Macro nutrients:
Nitrogen
Phosphorous
Potassium

Secondary macro nutrients:
Sulphur
Calcium
Magnesium

Micro nutrients:
Iron
Chlorine
Molybdenum
Manganese
Boron
Zinc
Copper

All plants require the same nutrients. Some more than other, some less than others, but overall they all require the same basic list of elements. The nutrients we can supply with fertilizers are as follows:

Macro nutrients:
Nitrogen
Phosphorous
Potassium

Secondary macro nutrients:
Sulphur
Calcium
Magnesium

Micro nutrients:
Iron
Chlorine
Molybdenum
Manganese
Boron
Zinc
Copper
Thanks for the info. Another piece of my problem though might be nutrafin cycle. It supposedly takes away ammonia and nitrite. If I have plants in the tank that eat up the chemicals harmful to my fish, do I still need to dose weekly?

Thanks for the info. Another piece of my problem though might be nutrafin cycle. It supposedly takes away ammonia and nitrite. If I have plants in the tank that eat up the chemicals harmful to my fish, do I still need to dose weekly?

Ammonia is a plant available form of nitrogen. But, so is nitrate, so no need to worry. It is all fine.

Back
Top Bottom