java fern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
uggg, I really like java fern but I am kinda tired of it :lol: :roll: I bought one little stem like a year ago and now I cant stop it...lol if anyone needs any.......... :eek:

img_740794_0_dda39c5f5a48546543735b5ac9ccbad1.jpg

does it stay really small like that? I'm looking for a ground cover.

mine does...but some get it to get really big... I dont think It would be a good ground cover...I tried as I thought the same thing but nope..... although It does go great like in a betta tank or on driftwood (ppl have claimed to get it to grow on rock...never worked for me)

I could trade with you! although I have never shipped a plant before so I would have to get the specks first! :D

hmm...how come my java fern has long thin leaves and about 3-5 inches, and yours are diferent, different speices?

anyway, i m looking for ground cover too, will java moss be a good choice? i heard people say they grow crazt and its also a low--light plant too :)

Arrow, there is a variety with thin leaves, but its less common. Most of us have the kind like Blazey. I'd love to take some whenever you get babies from it, if you do have the narrow leaf variety :)
Java moss also does better when anchored to something. Mine has never really taken off.

Mosaic said:
Arrow, there is a variety with thin leaves, but its less common. Most of us have the kind like Blazey. I'd love to take some whenever you get babies from it, if you do have the narrow leaf variety :)
Java moss also does better when anchored to something. Mine has never really taken off.
same here..had mine almost a year and has NEVER grown (java moss that is)

PITT said:
does it stay really small like that? I'm looking for a ground cover.

I've got a one bunch that was small like that.......after almost a year it is the size of my head........and I have a big head :lol:

Back
Top Bottom