Java moss advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blueskytechnolo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought some java moss and it was delivered yesterday. I tied some to rocks and decorations and the rest I kinda flattened out on the bottom. I am uploading an image of what I have. Do you think I can accomplish a cover on the bottom with what I have? I am completely new to this. Also, what type of plants will thrive in a natural rock substrate? I bought a bottle of flourish that I plan to use.
abf2f58.jpg

What lights are you using? also those anubias that you have there will do good. I like java ferns and jungle vals. Any type of Crypts will work well. bacopa, pennywort, Purple Mudwort are all great plants.

The best I can calculate is 815. The light meter shows 1462lx. I have a 29 gallon tank so I am calculating 6 square feet for it. That allows for a 20% factor of possible light escaping before it reaches the bottom.

I've never had good luck with Java moss making a nice carpet on the aquarium floor, for me it always seems to do better higher up or even emerging from the water. On the floor it always seems to be scraggly and stretchy. Perhaps with the LEDs you will be ok though.

Back
Top Bottom