Java Moss Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Stupid? Probably.

Does Java Moss need flourish, or excel? Does xmas?

I have java fern, moss and xmas moss in my 40b yet I dose with flourish anyways. Is it needed for the growth of java moss?

It doesnt hurt, but I dont do that regularly and I have the same two, and some other kind, and they do fine. It cant hurt though, those guys can start growing like crazy lol

I've heard of excel damaging mosses before, but only under certain circumstances. I would just make sure not to apply it directly to the moss, or to overdose.

I add both Excel and Comprehensive to my tank on a weekly basis with my water change water. I do this to dilute the Excel so it won't melt any plants or kill off any inverts.

What I'll do for my 20g tank, for example, is add 20g worth of Excel/Comprehensive to my 5g bucket of dechlorinated water before adding it to the tank. That way, I don't get any accidental high concentrations of Excel in one spot in the tank.

yeah I use a syringe (the all plastic ones) for all chemicals I put into my tank, and I usually underdose the stuff, because I want to keep my tank as "natural" as possible

Back
Top Bottom