Java moss question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can java moss grow on smith rock? Here is a pic of what I just did, I want to make sure that it will work. I am hoping it will go across the whole rock

image-2018652163.jpg

I'm pretty sure java moss will grow on just about anything so I would say yes lol

It is going to have a real hard time gripping onto it if it does at all. Often if you want it on a smooth rock people take something like a fine mesh and put it over the java on the rock. Or you can try using GEL super glue on the rock that has been dried and glue on a lot of small clumps so the moss can sort of use itself (the glued part) as a base to grow and attach to.

If its not attached in a moth ill try the mesh would it grow on smooth driftwood though?

Yes it would because smooth DW actually has a texture that moss can attach to when wet.

It will stick to the rock. No worries. I bought a 29 gal that had rocks just like that and it was growing, and sticking.

image-2342338566.jpg

Here is a pic of the rock. The java moss is dead because I took it out but it will stick with no super glue needed.
Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom