java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blueangel4730 said:
29g fw. I have an idea of covering the bottom of my tank in java moss, kind of like a nice grass lawn. Any thoughts?

I dunno. I had it and took it all out. Looked bad plus caused tons of algea buildup

I have 1 koi angel 3 mollies 3 fiddler crabs 1 pleco and some aspogent plants. I want some nice green plants instead of what I have now and the moss looked nice to me

Blueangel4730 said:
I have 1 koi angel 3 mollies 3 fiddler crabs 1 pleco and some aspogent plants. I want some nice green plants instead of what I have now and the moss looked nice to me

Why not some hardy lo light plants?

take a risk if you want. but most of the fish you have would devour it IMO. and is it a regular pleco? if o, you are overstocked my friend. JMO.

To be honest with you I dont know a lot about plants. The ones I have I picked up as a pack of bulbs that u drop in. To my amazement they actually grew but its just not what I want. What is good for a beginer like me?

Blueangel4730 said:
To be honest with you I dont know a lot about plants. The ones I have I picked up as a pack of bulbs that u drop in. To my amazement they actually grew but its just not what I want. What is good for a beginer like me?

Java ferns, anubias, hornwort, water wisteria,water sprite...

I have java moss along the bottom of one of my tanks but it does not lay flat at all, plus the fish stir it up constantly. I guess you could attach some to some plastic mesh canvas to get it to stay down but it'd probably build up a lot of gunk.

Back
Top Bottom