Jills Aquapod build has started: PICTURES!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same camera, different photographer.

How fast do these guys grow and do they multiply kike mushrooms?

Attachments

• ricordia003 (Small).jpg
    ricordia003 (Small).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 72
  • ricordia002 (Small).jpg
    ricordia002 (Small).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 76
I dont think they will multiply just as fast as mushrooms but they will multiply. They look very nice.

Definitely not as fast as mushrooms.

Jill - figures you just know how to work the camera better. No surprise.

They are beautiful. I too love how they look under the actinics.

Woahh Jill, great progress and one heck nice looking tank ... I thought I wouldn't have any corals in my tank, but now I have a ricordea and and a mushroom thriving, now I gotta figure out which light I'm gonna get for me to have more corals :p

Hhihihi Jill, I've been travelling for some weekends, so haven't gotten time to upload the pics until right now :), so here they are. I got a very tiny two head ricordea purple mushroom with green tips and now it's blooming like nuts in my tank :) and I got a cleaner shrimp with Firefish that likes to hide in the hole that I have in one of the LR :)

Scratch - the Firefish
img_944569_0_95d80d274ed432465cf089a26d2a01ff.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp with the purple ricordea mushroom
img_944569_1_36e6020876a8aadd775cb697b1315542.jpg

My whole tank
img_944569_2_4e1e78b5196455e9ac0e919f1962ea44.jpg

What d'ya think? :) It' not that nice yet cause it doesn't have many fishes yet. Actually if you see on the right LR in the middle there's a striped green mushroom and 3 little pulsing xenias that was stuck in a rock, so I hope it grows cause I saw the xenia is already alive even tho there's only tiny 3 thingy there :)

I certainly hope so, nanoluvr :)... I luv your firefish avatar, it's those rare ones rite? Do you actually have those? I know they are kinda expensive!

Yes...they are the rare ones! But alas, no I don't have them. They're just a motivator for me...something I really want later. They usually run about $80-90/fish. I do have a regular firefish, and then a purple firefish. Both are great. The purple has beautiful colors on it and it's alot cheaper than my dream fish...about $25-$35 at the LFS. Still high compared the the standard firefish but well worth it I think. It's funny, both of them live in the same little hole in some of my LR. they come out at feeding time and eat right next to each other, then go back down into thier little hole. I'm interested in later on doing a firefish species tank, with all the different ones...maybe a 20 gallon or so. I have a purple psuedochromiks in with them right now, and I have to stay there during feeding time to keep him away from the firefish 'cause he likes to chase them into their hole, and if I don't keep him away, they don't eat

the Xenia will grow super fast...with PC lighting, they like to be right up at the top. I harvest mine about every 2 months, and trade them into the LFS for credit.....I just leave a little of the pink skin on the LR when I cut them, and they grow right back!

Hi Jeff,

Yeah I think they are called Heinfrich or something like that, I love that firefish, it's so pretty, pinky color too :), good movitator until you're able to buy :p I only got that standard one, I'm still thinking what to get for my third fish :) I don't know pseudochromis cause I heard they're pretty aggressive :p, trying to find mostly docile fish.

That's funny when you said your firefish behaved just like mine, so that's good to know, I was so afraid they will die cause mine sometimes hardly come out for food too, unless I give frozen mysis shrimp, darn high maintenance fish! :p

I wasn't planning on having corals, but I got those ricordea for $10, so I grab it and now my mushroom got little xenias for another $10 :p, I thought, why not? :p Thanks for the tips and info btw. I use T5HO lighting but I think it's not strong enough for them to grow fast. Still calculating the money needed to get better lighting :)

Back
Top Bottom