Julie Surprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found this in my tank when I checked on them just now.

Attachments

• Julie Surprise 001.jpg
    Julie Surprise 001.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Julie Surprise 002.jpg
    Julie Surprise 002.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 99
It's the dark stripe on the rock. I've seen two others in there as well, but wasn't able to get any pictures of them, it was too close to their bed time. They started acting acting strange around the New Moon, so that's probably when they spawned. The fry tend to almost scoot along the rocks, you can see the shape of them, a bit of the black markings, and their eyes.

That tank's been setup for almost two years now, it's just a bit to close to the window. I'm somewhat worried about feeding the fry as well. The adults were picky, I ran out of what I was feeding them, so I had to switch to bigger pellets, which they kept spitting out. I had to change them to flakes and put a HOB on the tank instead of the sponge filter that I was using before, the flakes didn't sink and got nasty.

Ah, baby Julii Cory fish??! I see a baby fish! Or Jewel?

Grow some green water, baby brine shrimp you grow or frozen can be found.

Vinegar Eels

First Bites fry food from Hikari, tiny amount goes a long way.

Exciting!

It's most likely Marlieri. I've got a pair in the tank. Hopefully they didn't crossbreed with the Transciptus that I got last month, it was a miss ID.

I've got MTS in the tank, and a fair amount of algae growth, so that'll probably help. I know that the baby MTS is good food, my Betta fry fed on them pretty much exclusively for the first few months, and it grew fast.

Here's a few videos of them. Bellatrix, the mother, is in the first. The fry should be much easier to see, it's moving in the second video. I've got at least three, but every time I try to take a picture or anything they keep hiding, so the most that I've got pictures of is one each. The one that I have pictures of might be the same one each time. If so then it is not camera shy, which should make it easy to name.

They did it again. They've been digging craters in the sand that rearrange the caves a bit, and one of them kept hiding in one of the rocks right by the craters. It would only peek it's head out to eat the flakes that get pushed down to the bottom by the filter. The last time they started acting strange was in January during the New Moon. :banghead:

Attachments

• Babies 019.jpg
    Babies 019.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom